Apple Cinnamon Puff Pastry Twists
- 1 puff frozen pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup apple cinnamon jam (with chunks of apple -- I used World Market's Apple Cinnamon Jam)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold dough onto a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 9x13 rectangle (measurement is only approximate). Using a pastry scraper or a pizza cutter, cut dough down the middle.
- Whisk together egg and water and brush the egg wash on each rectangle of puff pastry dough (only on one side) and reserve any leftover egg wash.
- Spread the apple cinnamon jam on one half of the pastry. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of light brown sugar over the jam.
- Place the other half of the pastry (egg wash side down) on top of the jam and press the two halves together using your hands or roll lightly with the rolling pin. Gently press edges to seal.
- Using the pastry scraper or pizza cutter, cut the pastry into 1/2 inch strips.
- Working one at a time, gently twist each strip and lay on baking sheet making sure to press down the ends so that they don't curl when baking. When all of the strips have been twisted and placed on the baking sheet, lightly brush each twist with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the twists are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.