Nutella and Coconut Puffs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces of Nutella (approximately)
- Shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry dough onto a lightly floured surface. With a rolling pin, roll dough to stretch it out slightly.
- Using a pastry scraper or a pizza cutter, cut dough into squares (approximately 2 in x 2 in).
- Whisk together the egg and water and brush the egg wash on each square of puff pastry dough (only on one side) and reserve the leftover egg wash.
- Place about 1 teaspoon of Nutella on each square.
- Fold each square into a triangle and, using the prongs of a fork, seal the edges of the dough.
- Brush the egg wash over each triangle.
- Melt a few tablespoons of Nutella and drizzle over each triangle.
- Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut on top of each triangle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and the coconut is toasted.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. These can be served either warm or after they have cooled.